Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hugs to a Cool Friend

Good morning!! 

Angel here to share a card using distress inks for a water color look. I wanted the card to have a winter/Christmas feel to it but didn't want to use traditional Christmas colors. I went to my ink drawer  and found four colors that I thought would work and they did! 


I used Festive Berries, Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. Once water was added to all of them it turned out beautifully! I let it air dry and worked on the sentiment. I die cut the Hugs Scripty die using glitter paper from my stash and a few snowflakes from the Mini Snowflakes die set. I also die cut three hugs die using plain white card stock so I could stack them up for added dimension. 


Once my watercolor panel was dry I used the largest die in the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables set and then the next size to cut in the middle of the panel. I glued the large panel down to a top folding card and then the smaller panel I popped up using fun foam for more dimension. 


You can see the dimension in the picture above that just give extra fun to the card. I stacked up all of the Hugs dies and glued them to the panel. I then glued the snowflakes down around the die. I stamped the sentiment "to a cool friend" with Versafine Black Onyx ink from Toboggan Together. 


I'm really happy with how this turned out. I think less is more works great with a card like this. It showcases the watercoloring and focuses on the sentiment as well. 

Hope you enjoyed my card today and were inspired. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions or just to say hi! Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!

Angel


Products used:


3 comments:

  1. very cool indeed , the card i mean ;-) I saw there's an xoxo die coming soon from Lawn Fawn that would work great with this too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty watercolored card! Love the colors you used and that fabulous bit of bling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!