Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Father's Day Card using Best Pun Ever

Hi everyone! Kari back with you to share a fun simple Father's Day Card.  Father's Day is approaching quickly - and I wanted to show case the fun set Best Pun Ever to make this Father's Day Card.


I started out by creating some "gold" card stock.  I didn't have any in my stash, but I did have a Gold Pigment marker from Inkadinkado - Unfortunately - I believe these markers have been discontinued, but you can get the same effect probably from just applied some VersaMark Ink onto a piece of scrap white card stock and using some embossing powder, or there are some paper pads that have metallic papers in them as well.  Once I created my gold card stock piece, I stamped the trophy image from Best Pun Ever with Versa Fine Onyx Black Ink, as well as the #1 image in the middle of the trophy and then once all that was dry, I  die cut it using the Coordinating Dies.

Then, I worked on creating the layers for my card.  I have 3 different colors of card stock that I thought worked well together, as well as make the gold pop.  I created a 5x5 square card out of some red card stock, and then die cut a piece of navy card stock for the next panel using one of the Small Stitched Square Stackables dies, and then a piece of lighter blue using one of the small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies.  I wanted these pieces to have some texture to them - so for the red card stock, I had a wood plank background stamp, and used my Versa Mark ink to ink up my stamp.  It is hard to see in the photo, but in real life it gives it a nice texture.  I did the same for the navy and lighter blue card stock panels using different background stamps - I used a thin stripe background for the navy, and a star background for the lighter blue.  

For my sentiment - I intended to heat emboss it in gold, but since I used Versa Mark for the background, I was afraid the embossing powder would stick to the whole panel once I stamped down my sentiment, and of course it did - although I let it dry and I used my powder tool.  I know there is a way around that, but I just continued on, and I stamped the sentiment down, and took my Gold Signo Broad Pen and went over the sentiment by hand.  I think it turned out fine.



I will give this card to my dad for Father's Day!!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember we have our fun Calling All Critters Challenge going on right now - so hope you are able to play along!

Kari


4 comments:

  1. Such a fun Father's Day card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your sentiment IS fantastic, like the whole design! I just love the starry background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!